Myerson’s EMA® Snore Appliance device is a simple, patient-friendly oral appliance created for noninvasive, nonobtrusive treatment of Sleep Apnea and Snoring. The primary treatment mechanism of opening the bite and gently moving the mandible forward is achieved with the use of interchangeable elastic straps that offer varying degrees of mandibular advancement.
The EMA® Snore Appliance can be adjusted at home using one of four different strengths of elastic straps that match the strength of the pull to the musculature of the patient and minimizes tooth movement.
- Comfortable, custom fit
- Durable construction
- Easy to use
- Adjustable while in the mouth
- Patient can adjust at home and achieve maximum treatment results night to night
- Smaller and less bulky than other oral appliances
- No masks or straps involved
- Edentulous patients
- Patients with braces
- Patients with dentures
- Used as a bleaching tray
- It can be fitted to a partial denture only if it has adequate retention and the patient sleeps with it in place.
- Cannot be used in cases of myofacial dysfunction, arthropathy of the temporomandibular joint and advanced periodontal problems.
- D5999 Unspecified Maxillofacial Prosthesis, By Report. Used for procedure that is not adequately described by a code. Describe procedure.