The Elasti-Grip Partial Denture is a unique acrylic-based denture that utilizes soft silicone gaskets that hug around the remaining teeth. This system provides patients a with gentle and effective retention which is comfortable to wear, because it prevents stress to abutment teeth which are normally caused by metal partials. The Elasti-Grip Partial is an ideal choice for patients with a few isolated, mobile, or periodontically involved teeth. The Elasti-Grip Partial is non-metal, which provides superior aesthetics and creates a natural looking smile. These partials also restore the natural gum line of patients who suffer severe periodontal symptoms. Since the Elasti-Grip is acrylic-based, it is easy to add teeth and can even be converted into a full denture.
Case Materials Required
- Upper and lower impressions or models
- Tooth and gingival shade
- Bite registration
- Unique elastomeric band
- Flexible retention without clasps
- Preserves existing dentition
- Restores natural gum line
- Highly esthetic and comfortable
- Removable partial dentures
No special tooth or tissue preparation is needed for the Virginia Partial system. Simply send a master cast poured promptly and carefully from an alginate impression along with opposing model and bite registration.
The best impression material to use is polyvinyl or alginate. The powder should be gently stirred from the bottom of the container to the top to redistribute the heavier elements that control shrinkage in the impression. The model should be poured promptly. Most other impression materials compress the tissue too much leading to increased adjustment time.
- D5211 Maxillary Partial Denture – Resin Base (including any conventional clasps, rests, and teeth. Includes acrylic resin base denture with resin or wrought wire clasps.)
- D5212 Mandibular Partial Denture – Resin Base (including any conventional clasps, rests, and teeth. Includes acrylic resin base denture with resin or wrought wire clasps.)